For those of you in California, you have 2 really good swim meet choices this weekend. Up north in Mountain View you have the 6th Annual Alan Liu Memorial SCM Meet, and down south you have the Mission Viejo SCM meet.

I want to go to both of them, but the problem is that they’re both on the same day. My friend Patrick from Rosebowl has been talking up how great the Mountain View meet is for a long time so I decided to give that one a shot. As a bonus, even though it’s out of my LMSC Mountain View is actually closer to my house than Mission Viejo.

I’m going to swim 4 events while I’m up there. The 50 free, 50 fly, 100 free, and the 100 IM. It seems like I’ve been out of the competition pool forever so this meet is going to be more of a fact finding mission. I really don’t know where my times are going to land.

Anybody going to Mountain View this weekend? Any recommendations on stuff to do the day before? Whenever I’m in Mountain View it’s business related so I’ve never gone there to have fun before.

If you’re going to be in SoCal I highly recommend dropping in at the pool in Mission Viejo to swim with your 2009 USMS Team of the Year!

6 Responses to “Tough Swim Meet Choices”

1. Anonymous says:

There is nothing to do in Mountain View that is fun. And the only decent restaurant seems to be the Symantec cafeteria. It gets worse: the best hotel pool within 8 miles is at the Sheraton hotel next to Moffitt Field – its a 19.5-yard pool. But don't take my opinion too seriously: I think the best place to eat in Mission Viejo is Wendy's by the freeway …

Ha! We might be on the same page culinarily, a good Wendy's off the freeway is my kind of place. I was kind of wondering if I could use one of my old Google visitor badges to sneak into one of their cafeterias for some dinner…

3. Erik Sterne says:

The 36th Annual Sacramento Sprint Pentathlon is next Sunday, October 11. I imagine it is one of the longest running Masters swim meets in the world. Check out the PMS website. It is contested at the new UC Davis Schall Swim Center, and is/was sponsored by UC Davis Women Swimming and Sacramento Masters. Perhaps this year DAM, Davis Aquatic Masters is helping to run the meet. Stay anywhere in Davis or Sacramento. The meet starts late(12pm) and ends early(330, or so). Good Luck.

I actually swam that meet last year while my brother was still going to school at UCD. It was a monster drive but a fun meet and a nice pool. I'm not going to make it this year, but I will be back up in PMS for a day during the SCM Championship meet the weekend after.

5. Laura says:

Too bad I didn't know about your blog until AFTER our meet! Mountain View is a GREAT place to be and there are tons of great places to eat! Next time, let me know you're coming and I'll hook you up. I hope you had a great experience at our meet. Thanks for coming!
    Coach Laura, Mountain View Masters! schulaura65@yahoo.com

Thanks Laura! I had a ton of fun at your meet, you guys did a really good job. I might actually be dropping in to work out with you guys early on the 15th. I have a thing going on at Google that morning and I'm probably going to come up the night before for it.