I have a mild dilemma… there are 2 LA area swim meets coming up the 7th and 8th of February. Good right? Not so much.
The meet on the 7th in Pasadena was announced much later than the rest of this season’s schedule. Since there wasn’t anything going on that day I signed up for the Pedal to Pier bike ride here in my area. So now I’m trying to decide what to do. Either way I want to go to the UC Irvine meet, that’s happening one way or the other. But that Saturday I need to figure out if I’m going to drop the bike ride or go swimming.
Pro for swimming:
- I’d rather go swimming
- I can do this ride anytime by myself
- It’s a good chance to do some 200′s that I would usually pass on
- I have to trek 200 miles into LA for UCI, I might as well do 2 meets to make it worth the trip
- I already dropped $100 on the bike ride, oops
- Not sure how I would get there logistically
- Heidi is planning to come to UCI but she isn’t off on Saturday
- I might have to pony up for an extra night in a hotel
Since I’m a dork I set up a poll to let you guys sway me :) I can’t promise I’ll listen, but you might push me over the edge.